What could be better than a Friday when you’re working?! A Friday when you’re a mom! I know, I know it seems crazy to say that because I’m always home right? Well, the days sometimes blend together when you don’t work, and when I realize that it’s Friday and the weekend is basically here, I want to jump for joy!
For some reason I feel like Friday is kind of an excuse to relax and take a deep breath. Maybe it’s how our brains are wired – as a teacher, I was definitely in a better mood on Friday, and it seemed to be a more casual day for everyone too. I think it goes to show that when you are in a good mood and thinking positively about the weekend, you are a happier person overall!
As a mom, I love Fridays because I know that Daddy will be around tomorrow to help and I will get to have more adult conversation again! I love being with my babies all week, but I definitely enjoy weekends because we get to all be together as a family, and get out and about a little more. We are even having a date night tomorrow to one of our favorite Italian restaurants while Nonnie babysits :).
Here’s what’s going on in our world today:
- James is obsessed with farm animals lately! He runs around the house pretending to be a horse, screaming “Neigh!” Last night, we celebrated my mother-in-law’s (MiMi’s) birthday and he got an adorable horse from her for Valentine’s Day, which he already loves. He wont even leave the room without it…which could get interesting today!
2. I’m going to try to get a workout in, which I have to admit has been very challenging this week! I think it’s because my next accountability group hasn’t started yet. It’s amazing how much more you get done when you know other people are holding you accountable. These groups are so fun and so easy – right on Facebook! I love connecting with other moms and women who are trying to stay fit and healthy, and encourage each other along the way.
I’ve found that to get a good workout in, it’s best if I go to the basement. Lately, I’ve been trying to workout in my living room and the TV is just too tempting! Not to mention, the fridge is just a few steps away. Ella has been making my workouts interesting as well by waking up right after I begin. She is such a cat-napper these days and it seems like she is getting her first tooth! Good thing she’s so cute!
I can’t wait to start my new program Monday – Hammer and Chisel. I’m hoping to tone up a little and challenge myself, because my arm strength hasn’t always been great. I’m way better at cardio than lifting! Think I can look like her when I’m done?! Here’s to trying!
3. Hopefully we will get outside today, at least for a little while. I have no idea what the weather is going to be like, but even a 20 minute walk can make such a difference in our day!
4. Cleaning! I have been a little lax lately in the cleaning department. I feel like once I add something to my plate – like working out, I tend to drop something else. I am definitely kind of a neat freak, so I do clean every day, and my kitchen and laundry are always done, but my house desperately needs a deep clean. I’ve been looking to create a cleaning “schedule” to keep myself on track every day. How do you mamas do it?!
5. James and I are meeting a new mommy and friend for breakfast today! After that, I look forward to relaxing and hanging out with these two.
They definitely love to cuddle. Is there anything better than babies?!