Becoming a mom has been one of the most challenging yet rewarding things I have ever done. Despite the craziness that is normal life, I often sit back and think about why I am grateful, reflect on what I believe I am doing right and what I can improve upon, and remember to kiss and hug my babies a little more because they are the reason for all that I do.
Thank you to Kate over at One Pea in The Pod for tagging me in the amazing #RockingMotherhood Challenge. I am taking this opportunity to brag a little bit about why I think I am rocking motherhood. Come on, in this world of mom guilt and pressure from society, we all need to give ourselves a little credit sometimes! What is the Rocking Motherhood Challenge? It’s a challenge making the rounds in blog land where moms tag other moms to write a post about 10 or more ways they are #ROCKINGMOTHERHOOD. The purpose is to help encourage other moms to step back and be proud of the things they are doing well as a parent!
I’m so proud of my two babies, and proud to be their mommy every day. Here are ten ways that I rock motherhood.
- I LOVE MY KIDS MORE THAN LIFE ITSELF – Not only do I show my children love, but I say it ALL the time too. I think I actually may hug and kiss them a little too much because now James is obsessed with making his stuffed animals kiss, and kissing all of his toys and books too! I think it’s so important for kids to grow up feeling loved, and I can proudly say that my kids will always know the meaning of love.
2. I TAKE CARE OF MYSELF TOO – I know the importance of taking care of myself and never want to let that go. In order to be a good mom, I need to feel comfortable about myself, so I take opportunities to do things that make me happy, like working out and getting my nails done once in a while.
3. I GIVE MY KIDS A BREAK – There is a lot of pressure on kids these days. At home and in school. I know how amazing they are and I appreciate the fact that they are so little and always learning. Therefore, I hold them to high expectations, but always give them a break. I sympathize, I listen, I put myself in their shoes. Everyone needs a break sometimes.
4. I MAKE SACRIFICES FOR THEM – This seems to be a universal rite of passage in motherhood. You put your kids first, it’s that simple. I gave up a career I was just getting the hang of to be home with my babies and I have no regrets. I constantly put their needs before mine and think about their well-being in everything I do, no matter what.
5. I ADMIT WHEN I’M WRONG – I want what’s best for my kids, and I ask for help when I need it! It takes a village ya know 😉
6. I’M PRETTY GOOD AT BALANCE – I love a good schedule but I know how important it is to be flexible too. I want my kids to learn that too. I’m firm but not too strict, I’m organized but love a good mess, and I embrace the crazy and laugh with my kids every day.
7. I HAVE PATIENCE – Most of the time :). Maybe this comes from teaching kindergarten? I know how important it is to take your time, especially with a toddler. I always try to have patience with my kids and teach them to have patience as well.
8. I AM A TEACHER – Being a teacher has undoubtedly made me a stronger person and mom. I have had experience working with kids from all walks of life, and know how important it is for a kid to have a good mom and stable home life. I also know how important it is to teach through exploration and hands on learning. Every day and experience is an opportunity to learn and grow, and I want my kids to know that. Plus my degree and passion for literacy makes us a household that loves books :).
9. I VALUE FAMILY – I want my kids to know how important our family is, so we spend lots of time with them. I also love my husband and show my kids that we are best friends and work together every day. Family is everything.
10. I AM THOUGHTFUL – I reflect on my life every day. I think about how I can do better. I also think about how grateful I am to be a mom; and more importantly to be their mom. I am the luckiest mom in the world! 😉
THESE MOMS ARE TAGGED by me TO COMPLETE THE ROCKING MOTHERHOOD CHALLENGE…
- Natalie at Surviving Life’s Hurdles
- Hannah at Makings of a Millennial Mama
- Valerie at Unapologetically Us
- Emma at Muddy Boots & Diamonds
- Kayla at Parenting Expert to Mom
- Zoe at Through the Eyes of Zoe
See the guidelines below.
1.Thank the blogger that tagged you and link to their blog.
2.List 10 things you believe make you a good mother (this is just a guideline. It can be more or less than 10.)
3.Tag some bloggers to join in the #RockingMotherhood Tag.
4.Grab the #RockingMotherhood badge and add it to your post or sidebar.
Take a moment to think about how you are rocking motherhood and leave your answer in the comments below. I would love to hear some of the ways you all rock! Have a fabulous weekend.